Some real honesty! Lol,

I'm pretty sure I'm getting old! Let's just say I'm old enough to have menopause problems and young enough to still have PMS. So I manage to often times be pmsing and menopausing at the same time! If that isn't enough my youngest child is a 13 year old son. He is going through puberty ( how's that for honesty?) Things can get pretty hectic here, like today! My dh informed our son that he can have his cousin stay the weekend ( his cousin is another 13 year old boy ) but after that my husband was called on an emergency and has to work this weekend. Now I have to figure out how to deal with them myself! Not fair since I didn't ok this. The boys have decided they wanted to cook for themselves! Ok, I think boy's need to learn this skill. So, I get two 13 year old boys in my kitchen, I'm running to the next room in terror of what they can possibly do to my kitchen! I can't bare the idea of watching this! Continued below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I so feel ya. Except my oldest is 5 and a handful. He makes me wanna pull my hair out by the roots somedays. Especially when he's on a kick and my pms/premenopause issues are alive and kicking.

I think Id be wigging over screams from a kitchen especially about opening a window LOL.

I hope you are able to survive without too many breakdowns this weekend.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Ok please remember I fluctuate between I'm going to kill them and I'm going to have a nervous breakdown! Ok I start to hear shrieks from the kitchen and one screaming open the window! I'm lost! Whats going on? Ok I give up murder of children isn't in me so its a break down I guess. But one thing has dawned on me and it is that I am not aging gracefully! I have less patience then I did when I was younger and I don't recall being a nervous person when my grown boys learned to cook! Now the fun starts I got a mess to clean up now!
    Anonymous

• oh wow, sounds like you already knew something was gonna happen when you left the kitchen or when you knew they were gonna start lol...i got a 11 year old wants to bake too, we usually tell him that he cant unless there's an adult around.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Well surprise to me is that they are uninjured and the kitchen hadn't been set on fire, and some of their dishes were even washed! Oh but the grease mess! I know they basically know what they are doing but, why the need for the blood curdling screams? At least the house is standing and no on injured. And yeah I left the kitchen knowing I would be too critical and take all the fun of it out for them. Sometimes it's a choice. Now, they are too quiet, wonder what they are up to now! Still think its not fair tho that dh had to get called in to work, he was supposed to do this one with them not me! Oh well at least I wasn't too mean and told them change of plans no staying the weekend. LOL, Hope someday this time in life well pass and the sooner the better that is if I don't drop dead of nerves first.
    Anonymous

• this was fun=)
    Anonymous