do people really buy things that a crocheted? because I started crocheting a few years ago and just now got back into it. is it something can make extra money off of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Hi. I crochet too! I don't know how much money you'll be able to make but there is a site called etsy where you can sell your handmade items. Go check it out and see if you can find people selling the same items you'd like to sell and see what prices they have on them. Good luck
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I second www.etsy.com.

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes! I can't crochet or knit at all and I love buying crocheted/knitted things. We had a craft fair where i work recently and I bought a ton of scarves and cute little crocheted (or possibly knitted, not sure) ornaments for holiday gifts. etsy is great as are craft fairs.
    reux

Answer by reux at 8:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I love to buy crochet things especially cute hats for my 7 mnth old baby - I buy them from Etsy!

Also, I do not know if you know this but when someone loses a baby at the hospital, they bring the baby to you in a lovely crocheted outift. When I asked the nurse about his she said that people crochet the tiny pink and blue hats, booties and jackets and donate them to the hospital. I always thought that if I could learn to crochet that I would make these infant outfits to donate. It meant a lot to me to see my baby in her lttle hand crocheted outfit.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I love crochet beanies and head bands for little girls and actually getting ready to order some for my baby due this may my dh's aunts make every baby born into the family blankets and I love those too
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 4:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2010