when should I expect my w-2 form and how soon can we file our taxes?

just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• W2's have to be shipped out no later than the 30th of Jan I believe. So no later than the first week of Feb. You can file as soon as you get it.
    Anonymous

• Legally, they must be mailed no later than January 31. You can file your tax return as soon as you have all of your backups.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yep they have to be postmarked by the 31st of Jan so if the company waits, and they usually do, you should see it by the first couple of days of Feb. Once you get that and have all your other paperwork, then youre good. File online, its so much easier and faster.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Your W-2 has to be mailed my Jan 31. You can file as soon as you have all household W-2's and other nessasry information. Like childcare bill, tax receipt for property, any work expenses or Charity contributions, SSN if you had a new baby in Dec...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2009