• In the Spotlight:

Do your children like hugs and kisses?

My daughter hates being hugged and kissed... :( She's 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That may be her personality. My daughter at around age 7 decided she didn't want pictures taken of her and we had to bribe her with money to get in a family photo. She's 12 and still behaves this way. It's just the way she is.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 7:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• omg..my dh (4 1/2) loves them! we call them 'sugars and hugs'...i could be shopping for a new outfit, and all i have to say is ''hmm..to go with these pants, i think i need...'' and he'll add, ''sugars and a hug, momma!!" so sweet and cute! i'm sure gonna miss it when he thinks he's too old for them!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• All three of mine love to be hugged and kissed (They are all girls, ages 3,3, and 2)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes :) She's two. Tonight after dinner I was sitting with her in the kitchen watching her play with her alphabet magnets on the fridge. She turned around in the middle of it and said, "Hud, mama!" and jumped in my lap. It was so random and so sweet :)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Our 13 yr old wont admit it but I know he still likes hugs and kisses... Our 6 and 7 yr old boys love them!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My daughter adores it. She doesn't hang all over me all the time. But we do give hugs and kisses often through out the day. At bed time I always ask for a hug and a kiss. One night, I remembered the kiss but forgot the hug. "MOM! WAIT! MY HUG!" she says LOL
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I don't care if they don't like it just pin her down and go at it....lol
    My kids love it my dd more my ds sometimes when he wants something...lol
    Anonymous

• My son isn't the huggy/kissy kind. It is just his personality. I hug/kiss him anyway and make him squirm to get away. Lol. He will give random hugs and kisses though when he feels like it. He will kiss good-bye/good-night, etc.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 8:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Nooooo! My daughter has never ever been the type to want hugs and kisses. She's almost 1. Perhaps when she's a bit older she'll like it more. She's starting to give me wet sloppy open mouth kisses on my cheek when I say "Gimme a kiss!" But she never wants to be hugged. She doesn't like feeling restricted, I think. She never liked swaddling either. Hmmmmm...
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Mine love them :)
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2009