birth control pill question

ok so i stopped taking my pills when i thought i might be pregnant and than i found out i wasn't. right after i got sick and the antibiotics i was on neutralizes birth control so i stopped taking them for awhile. now i want to start taking them again but i don't know how long it's been. so i just throw that pack away and start on a new pack or can i just take the next pill? is there a difference between the pills for each progressing day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• Some pills are monocyclic-- each pill is the same for 3 weeks then the 4th week are placebos. Some pills are tricyclic-- there are 3 hormone formulas spaced over 3 weeks.

If you have any reason for not finishing your pack, throw it away and begin a fresh pack your start day. If you are a day 1 start -- start taking your new pack the first day you start your period. If you are a Sunday start --- start taking your pills the Sunday after you being your period, even if your bleeding has stopped.

These directions are in your pill packaging.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• nope they are all the same even the colored ones have the same about of every thing that white/pink ones do
    Anonymous

• How long has it been since you stopped taking them?
    I would probably start a new pack and save the other for emergencies (lost or dropped pills).
    All the pills except the ones that you take on your period are the same. The kind I used they were green I think. Those are just sugar pills
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 7:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2009