Help!!!! Poop question

No comments on how gross this is because I already know it is gross, I am ONLY looking for ways to stop the problem so please if you can't help don't comment. Thanks

Lately my 2 year old has been playing in his poop. We have been working on potty training and he has been doing good except for this past week. Not only is he not going to potty but he has been playing in it, smearing it on the bathroom wall or just taking it out of the pull up. What can I do to make him stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As soon as he goes get rid of it!
    Anonymous

• He has been hiding and doing it before I can get to him. If I see that he has to go potty I take him. I don't sit there and just let him do it.
    Anonymous

• When he gets the poo on himself, be stern and disqusted, tell him that is nasty, ewww, put in directly in the tub, with no toys, it's not fun bathtime, just quickly wash him and get him out. Don' t make the time he's in the tub a fun time, don't talk to him alot, but remind him how nasty that was, we don't touch the poo, it only goes in the potty....etc.

My dd did that once, I walked in she had poo on her hands and on her FACE!!! She said.."chocit" (chocolate)! OMG, I don't think she actually ate it or she surely wouldn't be saying chocolate...right? But still so disgusting!! I did like I explained above and she didn't do it anymore...may work for you. GL
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2009