I'm thinking about getting a face piercing???

I would like to get my tongue pierced. ...but i'm too much of a wuss for that. So, i'm thinking maybe my lip, or an eyebrow? I have lots of pics of me on my profile. Would you take a look and let me know what piercing you think i'd look best with? And if you could be specific like "upper right lip" for example.
TIA
....(btw. what i REALLY want is a tattoo. but i dont think we'll be able to afford it, so i'm settling. lol)

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 7:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• eyebrow rings bleed and lip rings hurt my first piercing was my eyebrow at 16 i passed out, my second was my tongue at 18 my third was lip at 18 the tongue didnt hurt at all an no problems cept for when i take it out now i cant talk lol i had it 10 years...the bad thing about the lip is the scar and hole it leaves behind even when i take it out for interviews its still noticeable that i have a lip piercing the eyebrow has been far the easiest to cover up, right now i have a tiny barbell in and with my hair down you cant see it.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Depends if you want to work in a mainstream setting. If you do, get a tongue piercing. Those can be hidden or you can put subs in. If not, a nose piercing or a monroe would be cute.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• idk, how old r u?
    Anonymous

• i'm 22. i'll be 23 this April. ...not that that should REALLY matter. :P
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Do you work? Do you plan on working in the future? Anything on your face is a big deal.

Eyebrow rings tend to leave visible scars when you take them out.

If you want your tongue pierced just suck it up and go with that =)
    Its easier to hide too.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 8:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Tatts & peircings run about the same(small tatt, not anything hours, days, months, years long!). My upper lip piercing cost $45 and the ball was tiny, the tongue ran me $40, and when I had my eyebrow done it was $35(with dice! cuz it was the cheapest, eww). The tongue and lip hurt but with a quickened push through, didn't really hurt. But the swelling was a trip! With the tongue you need lots of ice chips, with the lip constant cleaning(3x's a day) with sea salt(prefferably grey), and constant brushing of the teeth help minimize swelling and infection(you can also google the best way to clean a piercing/preventing swelling). I pinched my tongue and lip to see if it hurted, because I figured if it was painful to me then I couldn't go through with the piercing. I got a tatt on my upper right arm that took about an hour to do and that ran me $65(its about 5 in long, 5 in wide, also 7yrs ago!), wasn't painful, felt like it was slp
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• "Eyebrow rings tend to leave visible scars when you take them out."

I had one and now no one would ever be able to tell. It really is not noticeable.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• it matters a little. i'm near 40 and my kid would die of embarrassment if i did that, lol. you're young, you can get away it. get the eyebrow, that way when youre older and tired of them, you wont have this obvious gaping hole in your face.
    Anonymous

• dont do it. In my opinion anything on the face besides makeup is trashy. I have a tattoo on my lower back that I got when I was 16 and I regret it.
    Anonymous

• Tongue piercings are pretty bad for your mouth.

I looked at your picture - you're a very cute girl, I say leave your face alone. ;)
    RunninRagged64

Answer by RunninRagged64 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2009