How do you feel about those huge, overdone light displays on homes?

I just think the entire "outdo your neighbor" crap has gotten out of hand. It was meant to be funny when it was Chevy Chase in "Vacation", but I'm pretty sure it's expensive, not to mention misuse of electricity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• My kids love them, I think they are funny. I understand the misuse of electricity thing and excess is one of my hot buttons. But since its the holidays and does not last long, I just enjoy it.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I like it. I personally can't afford to do something like that myself though. During December, we go out driving around with the kids looking at all the lights. They love it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I hung lights on our house, our boys love them and so do I.. I didn't hang a ton of them and I don't have a zillion yard ornaments but like wildboyz1994 said, it doesn't last long so why not!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I dont have the time or the patience for that! They must hire ppl to do it lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I love them, do you pay for their electricity? NO so quit complaining and have some holiday cheer,jeez!
    Anonymous

• i love it! I love looking at it, i think it is awsome, and the kids love it, and i hope that i can outdue my whole neighborhood one year, but decorations are expensive, so that will come in time. Enjoy it!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 8:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I love them too! My kids wish we went overboard, but we're just kind of average when it comes to outside lights. The inside of my home is another thing, lol!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I love them! I personally don't have a ton of lights but wish we did BUT we love looking at other homes that are decorated. If it bugs you just don't look but we love to look:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I always wonder if they enjoy taking them down as much as they enjoy putting them up. It seems like everyone wants to help putting up decorations in our home but when it is time to take down and put them away everyone disappears.
    Anonymous

• I think those folks are OCD.
    Anonymous