Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help! How would I word this?

DH is appointing me his Power of Attorney while he is overseas for a job. He is NOT in the military, & his company doesn't provide this service, so we're doing this ourselves. I am trying to word this right, to say that its in place until he gets back home, but I'm having trouble. This is what I have;
3)Durability. This durable Power of Attorney shall be irrevocable until **such time I am back in the United States,** and **can handle my own affairs.** This shall not be affected by my death or disability except as provided by law, and shall continue in effect until **?**
The asterisks indicate where I'm not sure of the wording.


Asked by Katlyne120806 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • try this:

    Answer by Soniam301 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • honestly, i would consult a lawyer who deals with that. A lot of them will draw up a contract (they may charge you a fee) or power of attorney that will reflect the laws in your might cost a little bit but at least it will be legal and binding should any questions arise

    Answer by CTC7122006 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • I have thought of this, and I do currently have a lawyer. I know that I can do it myself and have it notarized, and its perfectly legal. I needed to do a few changes in the example I looked at. I just want to be sure the wording is clear before its notarized.

    Answer by Katlyne120806 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • p.s. The link you provided is what I have! LOL

    Answer by Katlyne120806 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • The main reason I want to have it is in case places like my dumb @ss mortgage company gives me any trouble. I'm not on the loan but I'm on the deed. That confuses them. LOL

    Answer by Katlyne120806 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • I'd go to an attorney and have it done. It shouldn't cost more than $50 ...or go to Legal Aid.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • Thanks ladies! I found a form that best fit our needs and just reworded the durability part.

    Answer by Katlyne120806 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2009