Painful pressure in the birth canal?

I'm 38.5 weeks preggo and I've been having this painful pressure like a foot is about to pop out or something. It's not really in the abdomen so i don't want to say they are contractions but it feels like it's in the birth canal. I started to have the pain just at night time but now I'm having it during the day too. Anyone else have this problem or know what it is?

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 8:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most likely you are just feeling some cervical dilation... not a big deal, you are probably just very sensitive to it :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Wow dude sounds a little scary, dont push yourself. try and think of something peaceful...  or you could always go to the doctor's confused

Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 10:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I am also 38 weeks and having the same exact feeling! Mostly at night. Is your babys head low? I think that's what it is, the head pressing against the pelvic floor. My dr. said her head was very low, and that will cause a lot of discomfort.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009