Does anyone else here think its rude?

People you didn't even invite showing up with there pets too, knowing you have pets in your home? And get mad too when you won't put your own pets outside for the sake of their pets? It's below 0 here! My pets live in this home! Get mad at you also because their dog runs up on your cat in the cats house and their dog gets scratched, gets offended because you dog's don't want them nipping at them or taking their food! Excuse me but my cats and dogs get alone fine with each other. Does anyone else have this problem with certain people and their pets? I think its so rude to expect you to throw your own pets out or as I have been told " I need to spank my pets" for protecting themselves and what is theirs in there own home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pets

• Let everyone know you don't allow other pets in your home. That is your pet's home and that is that. If they bring them anyway, don't let them in the house. People need to learn to respect your rules. It is an invasion of their territory and they will defend it. No, do not spank you animals. They live there, it is their home, everyone else can just get over it!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Well, you are very patient . We don't allow ANYONE'S pets (and I don't know many people who do) in our home. It is for ours and ours only. We don't bring our pets into other people's homes, either. To just show up with your pets and expect to have them in someone else's home is VERY rude and disrespectful.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I had an ex boyfriend whose older brother (who was a LOSER) stayed with us for a while.(like three months!!). and he said he had "allergies" and told me to keep my cats in the garage or outsidE!! i was lik no friggin way.. I'll get rid of you before i get rid of them!! WE are letting YOU stay here.. we didnt pick you but we did pick the animals!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Oh yeah something like that happened once, but they were invited, we just didn't know they were bringing their dog! My mom had 2 young cats at the time, and my aunt and uncle brought their dog, and the stupid dog ended up with the run of the house because the cats were terrified of the dog and hissing and scratching etc. And my aunt had the nerve to get pissed at my mom for the cats acting that way. Uggh, I still hate their dogs. It disgusts me lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I think it is very rude to bring pets to someone else's house. I never could understand why people would want to do that. I would make sure if these same people ever come back to your house to tell them up front NOT to bring their pets!!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'd have told them to keep their dog on a leash if it couldn't get along with my pets (cats and dogs). Your pets have a right to feel safe in their own home.

I know I wouldn't show up at someone else's home with mine and expect them to cater to mine at the expense of their own, and it IS rude (and cruel) to ask you to toss yours outside because they have one that can't be controlled. As far as them being upset because their dog got his nose scratched, tough. The next time they come visiting, mention they should bring along a tie out for THEIR dog or leave him at home. It sounds like their dog was never socialized very well, but that is their responsibility ~ not yours. It's normal for cats, in particular, to be frightened of strange dogs. It's also normal for dogs to not like being nipped at or to have a strange dog eating out of their bowl. I'd have been upset and I understand why you are.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Some people are just crazy about their animals like that. Those are the same parents who have a bully child, but get mad when another child fights back. My sister's FIL actaully got sued by his neighbors because their 12 yr old cat wandered into his yard and the dogs barked at him and he had a heart attack and died! obvisouly the lawsuit got dropped... but some people just go over board.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I honestly have never had that issue and i would never take one of mine usless they were okay with it. If people bring their dogs to my house it is to play with mine. But if somenone did that to me and their dog was the trouble maker you better believe they would be asked to leave.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• There is only one dog we let come over here because she got along with our dog great before ours passed. They grew up together and we took care of her after my uncle got into a motorcycle accident. Other than that no one else brings their pets over. I consider that very rude for people to expect you to accomodate for pets that are 1 not yours and 2 were unexpected guests. Its one thing if they could get along but since they can't its best if they didn't bring their pets with them.
    Anonymous

• That is very rude! I would not take my dogs to someone's house unless I asked first and they said it was okay. Then if one of MY dogs started causing problems (or even if their pets didn't like mine for some reason), I would take care of MY dog; not expect them to change their pets schedule/whatever.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2009