What to do?

I have a 1 yr old daughter and a boyfriend of 3 yrs. I recently lost my job, and was denied unemployment. I want to go to school soon and my bf said he wouldnt expect me to work while attending college. I looked for jobs for the time being but they only pay enogh to pay for daycare, which would be pointless. My bf is stressed bc we're struggling financially. He buys cigarettes and another thing on a weekly basis, that bothers me but I feel I dont have a place to say whats okay/not okay, since I dont bring in money. He isnt as close to me and doesnt really talk to me. I feel bad that I dont work, but I maintain the household and tend to him. I don't know what to do to get our relationship back on track.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• He is probably being distant because he is worried about money but doesn't want to seem like he isn't a good provider. The stress of it is probably making his vices worse which is why hes started smoking like a chimney.
    Why don't you do something to bring in a few extra bucks from home? You could do online surveys, it won't make a lot but enough to buy a tank of gas or something each month helps. You could babysit another child at your home for money. You could start an at home business to pay a bill or two. It might help with your self confidence too. You sound like you feel bad about the situation. You shouldn't but I've been there and understand.
    Anonymous

• Your school grant should be enough to pay for school and to help out with bills.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2009