What is going on with my body and the baby?

This morning I woke up, went to a parade (where I sat and relaxed), came home, napped and feel like crap. I am cramping, swelling (face and feet), have a headache, sick to my stomach and my heart feels like it wants to explode out of my chest. Please help, I have already called the dr and she said it was nothing to worry about, but I just want to know what everyone else thinks. Oh and the baby is moving alot less than whats normal for him. Thanks!

williamsmom110

Asked by williamsmom110 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some of those are signs of preeclampsia. You should go get checked out.

Anonymous

• hmm......i dont want to scare you but i had that happen when i pregnant with my son, i just felt miserable like i hate the flu but worse...i got in with my doctor and found out that my blood pressure was very high. he admited me to the hospital since preclampsia can cause alot of complications....i was on bed rest in the hospital until my son was born...

but it might just be regular pregnancy stuff going on...how far along are you?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Your blood pressure is probably fairly high. I'd call the L&D nurses station, or just go in, since your own doc blew you off. If you "ignore" it like your doctor you could lose your baby, and have major problems of your own.
    Anonymous

• i would go to the hospital now if i were you.
    Anonymous

• Those are signs or preeclampsia. Please call L&D & tell them your symtoms. You may need to go in. Also if you lay on either side that will sometimes help your blood pressure go down. I know when I was pregnant with my last one, since my blood pressure was always high they told me if my feet, hands and/or face got swallon go directly to L&D.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Thank you to you all! I did take your advice and went in to the hospital. They checked my BP and it was 180/103 (due to preeclampsia). I didnt have any symptoms of that until sat. night. They admitted me and induced me. My son was born Monday evening at 6:01 pm at 4 lbs 2.5 oz 18.5 inches. He is currently still in the NICU but he is doing well! Thanks again ladies! You possibly saved not only myself but my son as well! xoxo
    williamsmom110

Answer by williamsmom110 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2009