They couldn't find a penis but they said it was a boy...

I'm 32 weeks and just got my gender ultrasound. The baby butt is up under my rib and they said the baby's legs were tightly closed. Here is were I'm confused they told me it was a boy but couldn't get the baby's legs open. I have a pic with a big circle in the middle no legs or anything. They told me that was the scrotum and the penis they couldn't find and it had to be a boy cause boys keep they legs closed and girls dont. My other two boys I saw the sack and penis and they legs were open. Has anyone had an ultrasound of a boy that didn't show the penis? Would you trust this ultrasound?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• weired?? "boys keep there legs closed and girls don't" NO WAY would I trust that. that sounds like an old wives tale?

I'd get another u/s done if I were you
    Anonymous

• sounds like u have a terrible doctor for one... because u should have your gender WAY before 32 weeks. thats terrible. my friends got hers at 24 wks but that was bc the baby was so small too tell...i wouldnt trust it i would get new doc asap and get ultrasound
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 10:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'd get another ultrasound done. I'm pregnant with boy #3 and all 3 of my boys opened their legs wide to show of their boyhood!!!!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• umm.. I think your doctors full of it my son had his legs opened!! i had my u/s at 32 week too!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't trust the ultrasound. My first was a boy and his legs were open to see
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My u/s tech said that any gender guesses after 27 weeks won't be accurate. The baby gets too big and everything gets to tight in there to tell much about anything to do with the anatomy. That is why most OB clinics check for the gender around week 19 to 21. Did they do an u/s around week 20? If they didn't, then in your case I would not feel confident buying things that weren't gender nuetral just yet.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Uh, that tech sounds like they don't know what they're talking about. I'd get another done. Every ultrasound I got with my son he had his legs spread to show his junk (and come on, that right there is proof he was a boy lol). My daughter kept her legs closed and we almost didn't find out what she was because of it. I'd DEF get another one done before you go baby shopping for blue.
    Anonymous

• My first ultrasound was the same as yours. Legs mostly closed but the lil sack was sticking out. No penis showing. They said boy. I questioned it but had another ultrasound later and it all showed..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2009