Have you ever bought used furniture only to find it Smells?

DH bought the Da.. Da.. Da.. Chair! Remember that commercial? These 2 guys see a free chair in someone's Garbage. They take it. Drive away.. And they both smell it? It stinks! Da.. Da.. Da... Then they leave the chair on the curb!! Have you ever bought used furniture only to get it home & it stinks? Well Years ago when I had a job. I bought DH A gorgeous top of the line Barcalounger. Well its is Shot! I begged to save it for 2 more Years! Finally DH took it & out it out on the Burn plie! He bought a used stinkie recliner. Who'd think a Recliner could fit in a Dodge Intrepid? But it did! It sat for 2 years to air out? It didn't! We're jobless! DH brought it in our house! It smells & isn't comfy. So have you ever bought one of these too? I won't sit in it! Neither will my Cats! Only DH! Oh Well!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• there is this stuff callled odoban that kills the germs and the smell
    If odoban doesnt cut it nothing will
    look it up on line I buy it at home depot buy the gallon you can use it to clean or just as an air spray
    My friend used it to cover doggy smell her landlord was going to kick her out Seriously ODOBAN Or garbage can
    freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 11:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I bought a couch and it smelled but I bought upholstery cleaner and cleaned it and it was fine. I have purchased a lot of used furniture and have been lucky. That was the only item I got that had a smell to it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• during my antique years, we owned alot of pieces that stunk. they smelled more like grandma's closet. glad that season of my life only lasted a brief time, no more antique buying for furniture.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2009