How sick did you feel in your first trimester?

EXTERME fatigue, very sensitive to touch, trouble controlling body temperature, headaches and almost constant nausea, wrist pain/stiffness, ankle pain/stiffness.

kittymontclaire

Asked by kittymontclaire at 11:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep! That sounds about right! The first trimester can be a real beeeoch! LOL ...no seriously! I felt just like I had the flu. After 10 weeks...I thought it must be something more serious than morning sickness,,,but it wasn't . The good news is...the second trimester is filled with extra energy and good mood hormones...Soooo hang in there! ;)
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I felt: Cant hold anything down, puking up WATER, lost 20 lb. SICK
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I never felt this horrible with my daughter, I literally want to be admitted to the hospital I feel so crappy. This can't be normal.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 11:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I was one of those annoying people that didn't get sick at all.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I can honestly say that my 2nd pregnancy is HELL compared to my first.
    My first was no walk in the park either, but not THAT bad.
    This time, I've cried myself to sleep almost every day. And I'm 35 weeks. I was non-functioning pretty much for my entire first trimester. I was in such horrible shape, I got fired from my job (only time I've ever been fired in my life)....I pretty much had to FORCE myself to meet my DD's basic needs while DH was at work.
    Its the worst I've ever felt in my entire life. PERIOD.
    And everything was "fine" as in I have no "medical issues" at all......
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Oh and also, I puked all day everyday. To the point of puking up stomach acid...Then dry heaving EVERY DAY. I started out the pregnancy at 147. I'm 35 weeks and 152 now.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'm not trying to throw a pity party for me by any means...I'm just telling you that what you are feeling is AWFUL, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, NO GOOD and I totally sympathize. But, it's also a variation of "normal" and your doc or midwife will probably tell you to "live with it" pretty much. It sucks so bad, and I'm so sorry...but that's life, I guess?
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• this is my first pregnancy and i was sick for 7 months of it...i could barley keep down water i lost almost 30 pounds i was so sick...hang in there and force your self to eat even if u get sick they say my baby is small due to how sick i was...even if u throw up the food you eat u still get nutri from it...hang in there!!!
    excitedmomma2be

Answer by excitedmomma2be at 2:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• my fisrt i had it bad with morning sickness i was in and out or the hospital getting hooked up on ivs they but me on some sleeping pills that helped alittle atleast while the pill was in my system i would sleep and not get sick lol but my 2nd preg i was sick to my stomach thats about it nothing bad now im in the 1st trimester with my 3rd and im noth pukeing but i am sick to my stomach 24/7 and every tired lol good luck the 2 trimester is awsome
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i cant keep nothing down it feels like i hope its over soon lol but i can dream it is lol
    Anonymous