Nasty email from 18 year old step son....my heart is broken

Out of no where, from a good email conversation, I get this from my 18 year old step son last night.
Josh Bradley December 11 at 4:32pm
so the exchange student gets my bed then?
did the thought ever occur to possibly ask me?
like seriously i get fucked out of a new bed to get your guyses old bed
then i lose my bed to some exchange student?
like i dont even care that whoever this person is gets my bed for awhile
if you guys needed a bed for them then i gladly would have let you use it
but you could have had the decency to at least ask!
especially after buying yourselves a new bed when i shoulda got one
and furniture that i should have gotten
not to mention spending enough money so that i will likely never get my keyboard
or my ps2 ever cause your in so much debt
which is obviously due to horrid spending habits
like do you seriously think i dont pay attention to your guyses money?
do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• The rest of the email.
    do you think we dont know when things are amiss?
    i ask dad about your finances all the time
    splitting up moeny through different accounts and moving it around doesnt suddenly make money dissapear
    or ON TOP OF IT ALL
    letting your son steal and break most of my possessions
    use my stuff when he so pleases
    actually BOTH your sons now that i think about it
    AND THEN haveing either donnie or whatever that girls name is BREAK my computer

AND YOUR MOM OR DONNIE BROKE MY FUCKING BONG
    like i thought i got fucked around by you two alot when i lived with you
    but now that ive moved youve had free reign to disregard any sense of logic or fairness

o and on a note that doesnt overly address you 2
    ive noticed that some of my games arnt in the collection anymore
    ones i know dad hasnt sold or given away
    so ill give you fair warning to give to nick
    cause if he stole my
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 12:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Part 3...90% of the email is bs and he doesn't know what he's talking about. My son has never taken any of his stuff.
    His PS2 is sitting in his room, and the bed/furniture/money he's taking about is insurance money from our flood claim.
    We gave him our bed which was less then a year old, and offered him the other furniture which he turned down.

This is also coming from a 18 year old who LIVES off his grandmother, is not working and just parties all the time.
    I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it really hurt me. I took this kid in at 14 and loved him like my own.
    I spent a hour bawling last night and this has caused problems between my dH and I
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• That is so awful, did you realize your anon and then your not? Just thought you may want to know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• What did your dh say about it? That is not a nice email, but I wouldn't let it bother me. Maybe he was not in his right state of mind, and if he was maybe someday he will grow up and appreciate you, and your dh and not act like an ungrateful brat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• MY DH was actually crying too, because we've done EVERYTHING for that child! He moved in with us at 14 after my husband not being *allowed* to see him for several years. They (and I ) have a GREAT relationship, so that's why this has come as such a shock!
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 12:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Hmmm. Well first off, what you and your husband do with your money is none of his business and I'd tell him that. Second, if if he moved out then he should've taken all of his stuff and you should tell him to come and get it if he doesn't like the way it's been treated. He sounds bitter over something, whatever it is.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You should be ashamed of your self anon :24. How rude of you to judge her like that. She didn't come on this site to be bashed by someone to chicken to show their profile. She came on here because she loves her step son and she is hurt. How would you know what kind of mother she is? Cant you read?
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Hmmm..I feel bad for you. That's a horrible email to send to somebody. It does seem that he is a bit off of his rocker and has some emotional problems. Maybe you and your husband should try to talk to him face to face and try to find out what the real issue is. Just my thoughts. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Oh and he's obviously on some drugs. He said someone broke his bong.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• His e-mail sounds like there is a lot of resentment built over the years. I think that he sees injustice and favoritism acts committed against him for years and he is just letting it all out. If your DH cried when he read the e-mail there is some truth to it. I don't see as unreasonable for him to be asked if somebody could use his bed because it is his bed.

You mentioned his name and the fact that he lives off grandma and can't hold a job, it sounds very mean. I don't know all of the details but I can tell you that his complains to a complete stranger sound valid. It seems as if there was no respect from you to this kid's rights. it seems as if he is rocking the boat to old family dynamics and you better be ready because your dh saw some of what his own blood child said. Sorry my sympathy vote today goes to the child. Did you actually gave him the bed you and your dh used? I mean that is cold hearted.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2009