Christians who celebrate Advent?

Can you tell us why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Advent is a time of preparation while we get ready for Christmas. I celebrate it because its a time of reflection and prayer with my family. It involves thinking about and discussing the real meaning of Christmas with my children.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:01 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i never heard of advent. i don't think my family does any of that ...other then to buy gifts and think about and prepare food. LOLOLOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My kids have several different types of Advent calendars that count down to Christmas. One has a piece of chocolate everyday until Christmas. They also have a magnetic manger and everyday they open another door that's around the manger and place an object in the manger scene until its all full on Christmas Eve.

We also have an Advent Wreath that has four candles, three candles are purple and one is pink. We light one candle every Sunday starting four weeks before Christmas.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2009