is this normal?

ok so i am about 15 weeks with baby #2 and i have had bad constipation with this baby and a few times when i have been able 2 go to the bath room it has been painfull and i have notesed some blood when i whipe and all. not menstral typ of blood but rectal im woundering if this is normal? could it be from the constipation? i havent had bad stomach akes and i know its not from my ulcer wich i have had befor but i am curious if i schould talkn to my doc about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem with my daughter. I know every womand and pregnancy is different. I was worried, my doctor said it seemed to be just from straining so hard(from the constipation) and also said it could possibly be hemmorroids. She gave me some OTC stuff to use and since everything else was ok didnt dwell on it. However, always talk to your dr...no matter how many people tell u they have had the same thing b/c everyone is differnt and if there is something more going on, the sooner they find it the better for you and your baby. good luck!
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• with constsipation, anything can happen... the small amount of blood you are seeing is rectal, and yes, its normal...
    the reason this happens is because you are straining so hard to get it out, that you end up rupturing little vessels in your rectum... also... it can cause hemmoroids...
    pick up some witch hazel pads (hemmoroid wipes) it will help with the blood and help prevent any more hemmoroid problems....
    eat more fiber, and add a little extra veggie oil when cooking with it.... it sounds bad and unhealthy, but fried foods are great for easing constipation.
    teacup714

Answer by teacup714 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• If the blood is bright red, it's probably just from pushing so hard to get the stool out. You can have a small tear (that will heal pretty quickly) that will bleed. If you have a lot of blood, or it looks like old blood, that's when you need to speak with your doc. In the meantime, up the fiber and the water intake. Never forget the water when upping your fiber!
    The PP is right about the hemorrhoids, too, so be careful not to push too hard if you can avoid it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2009