how many of you have dyed your hair blonde (from brown)

how did it go? how would you advise doing it? can you dye over dyed hair?

reason i ask is i want to go blond. naturally i have mouse brown hair but it's dyed red at the moment.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 1:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have gone back and forth for years. I have brown hair now and I am keeping it because my hair falls out so much now that I don't want to do another bleach job to it. I always went to a salon to go blonde. Then I would dye it at home back to brown. I was always scared of messing up with the blonde. Good luck though!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• If you bleach the color out and don't like it you can dye it because you have stripped it of color but if you dye it dark it saturates the hair shaft and you have to wait until it fades out (or drains the shaft of color). The problem with bleaching it blond yourself is that if there is red in it, it could turn orange if you don't leave it on long enough or you can make it like straw if you leave it on too long. I have brown hair but with blond highlights. I have it done professionally bc I've screwed it up before doing it myself!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I went from brown to blonde...it turned out really good. My ex bf did it for me. I have a picture but you can hardly tell.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• If you bleach your hair you have to get the bleach and developer if your hair is dark you have to use a high one like 40. Then leave it on for an hour plus. I usually do it for an hour. Then look at it make sure that it's not too brassy then wash out. After that get toner. I usually leave my blue blonde toner in for about 20 minutes and rinse. Every time it's a pretty whiteish blonde.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I did once I went from my black hair to blonde. Was told at the beauty supply store that I had to leave it on for 30 minutes and use the highest strength . Good thing I had my sister there, she started screaming after 5 minutes. My hair had already turned white. Lol we found out I don't have any red in my hair. It looked awful on me and really attracted alot of really awful men. I dyed it dark again fast!
    Anonymous