help

how do i get my husband to help and be active with his daughter?

Nmusser23

Asked by Nmusser23 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she? when our daughter was born, her father (my fiance) had a very hard time doing anything. he's a bigger guy and sometimes he doesn't know his own strength so he was afraid he would be too rough or hurt her. i started with having him hold her while sitting, it sounds childish but he was more comfortable knowing that he could just sit there and hold her...then i was having trouble breast feeding so when we used bottles, i would ask him to feed her...it did help. now that she's 3, he's much more active....it can take a while, but find out why he doesn't want and if it's because he's nervous start him off with small simple tasks and build up his comfort level....also, don't be too discouraged he hardly ever gave her a bath and still doesn't like to because he thinks he's gonna drown her or something (NOT literally)
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My husband is just now starting to help out more and be active with our son. My son is 11 months 2 weeks old. Good luck!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Good luck.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• People recommended to me that I just leave them for the day and take time for myself, go shopping, go visit a friend, whatever. Try that maybe?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• get up....go to the door....Then yell ur leaving and that ur leaving the baby with him THEN RUN!!!!!!....leave them alone for like 5 hours...thats wat i did to my husband now i have to fight to get our son from him...he seriously loves spending time with our son.....GOOD LUCK!!!!
    kayjay7583

Answer by kayjay7583 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2009