hwhat can i do with 200 oz of breast milk?

I have too much milk stored I have no room to put groceries. I called a milk bank Friday but I'm afraid the process will take too long I need to ship these off ASAP I hate to dump it. anyone donated before if so how long does it take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I havent donated before, so I can't help you with that, but a suggestion would be maybe if you have any "new" kittens or puppies in your area. Sometimes their mommas dont feed them adequately during the winter and I'm sure they would appreciate it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You could make cheese. :) Seriously, is this something you do on a regular basis? How does it affect your health? I know it draws upon your calcium levels, so I would assume other nutrients as well. Do you take supplements? I am curious about your "ministry" not bashing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You might ask around if you know anyone who recently had a baby. I donated milk to a mom that adopted a baby. She was breastfeeding but wasn't producing enough then. New moms also have this problem sometimes.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• First off, you are aware that it can be frozen? Have you checked with LaLeche?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Anon #2 I'm a Christian if that's what ur asking and I'm taking prenatal vitamins. I would love to donate it to a new mom but I don't know where to start lookin I'm scared of craigslist lol but seriously I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Contact a local hospital with a neo-natal intensive care unit; they may accept donations.

Or you could leave baby with Daddy and go away for a few days.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Freeze it....thats wat i did with mine after the last time i pumped...i heard it preserves it for up to a year
    kayjay7583

Answer by kayjay7583 at 6:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• As others suggested donate to a local NICU or other mama you know locally. Call your local LLL and see if there is another mama there who needs help. Other then that maybe use it to make yogurt or cheese or in your food as you are cooking. I often use my frozen pumped milk (oversupply here too) in casseroles etc when my older (non nursing) little one is sick. I also mix it 25/75 EBM/cow's milk in a sippy for my older one when he is sick too. If you have older ones maybe try that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• lol. I stored excess breast milk for my LO in my mother in laws deep freezer. I picked it up as needed towards the end of my milk supply. If you are gun ho on donating it good for you but if you want to try and save it for your LO to use later I would see if there is a friend or relative with excess freezer room! I also used it to mix in cereal and thinning out homemade babyf ood for a long time!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• donated or can you get a deep freeser cuz if you the milk will be good for 1 yr. i do agree with calling a local hospital. maybe if you call la leche league they will be able to help
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2009