please help me find out whats wrong with my DD!! please! answer if you have ever heard of this!! please

My dd slept well last nite as usual and usually wakes up @ around 7 am. She woke up @ 10:40 am!!! That's extremely late. We noticed she was extremely lethargic. She wouldn't talk to us, play, sit, stand or anything. Oh BTW she's 13mths old. We tried to interact w/ her she wouldn't even move really. as a matter of fact we tried to sit her up ourselves and she just fell on her back. She layed in the same spot for 10 minute straight while we tried to get her to move or do something. She even fell flat on her face and stayed like that until we moved her to her back. Called doc, she told me to feed her first because maybe its low blood sugar. She eventually hrs later she started to be her normal happy self. What happened? Why did this happen?? I'm upset that I didn't take her to ER immediately instead of listening to her doc. Please no bashing!! I just need to know what's wrong??!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• it could of been her blood suger was to high or to low or she was still asleep and her eyes were just open just keep an eye on her and watch how she acts during the day good luck
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 2:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I would suggest making an appointment with her doctor and having some blood work done. It very well can be she has low blood sugar, and if that is the case she needs to be seen for it. I do have this myself and when my count gets to low I feel faint and really feel like crap when it happens.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• OP here-BTW I'm taking her first thing in the morning to take blood test and exam. I did take her to urgent care today but its was after she started to be normal.so they couldn't give me any explanation because she was normal. Other than a little sore throat. I'm worried about my baby!! What's wrong with her??

No she wasn't asleep she was awake!! She looked at us and was wide awake!! She was literally not ablt to even sit down. That's not normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• could she be fighting any kind of a bacteria which flushed her body out of all her strength? don't we feel weak when having a diahrea etc. she could have had gone thru some v. low immune response moments i'd guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My guess is the low blood sugar. My 2 year old was like that recently - though not as bad. We took him to ER, and at first they told us he had diabetes. Crazy nurse drew blood from the same arm they had just given him sugar water in. Turns out he has low blood sugar if he doesn't eat regularly. He eats breakfast first thing in the morning. Generally it is nothing to be alarmed about (on a normal basis). You just have to make sure that you carry snacks on you. They can get crabby and lethargic if they miss a meal or eat late. I wouldn't worry about it today unless it happens again. Relax! If it is the blood sugar, she will be fine and probably not show signs again for a while! :-) Just keep an eye on her and make sure she gets some healthy meals today - at regular times.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2009