Metallic taste?

I'm just days shy of 17 weeks and still get nauseous all the time. This morning I got sick and it was basically just stomach "spit" but it had this weird metallic taste to it. Anyone ever had that? Or have any idea if it means something, like a deficiency or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Happens to me all the time. Totally "fine."

My mom said she puked every day through her whole pregnancy with me and even vomited while in labor. Some of us are blessed with the sexually transmitted barfia for the whole 40 weeks.

I switch toothpastes every 2 to 3 weeks because they are causing weird tastes. I also find that if I eat anything sweet, even juice, the weird tastes get worse. Hooray hormones!!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I'm not sure what causes it but yes it's normal. Also another thing it COULD be is the taste of blood-- which is also totally fine. For me, my nose would get bloody when I puked because of the pressure. Instead of the blood coming out, it trickled back into my throat. I could taste it but it wasn't enough blood to see so it took me awhile to figure that one out! But either is totally normal, I've been told.
    Anonymous

• Stomach acids, they have that funny taste.....
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009