what's wrong with me???

I dont know if there is something wrong with me, if it's my hormones, if I'm adjusting to parenthood or if I have something to be upset about.
On a good note, our little angel is 5 weeks old. We're extremely happy and excited to be first time parents.
On the sour note, I feel like my husband and I have been not getting along as well. We're nit picking at eachother and there is tension in our home. This is very unusual for us because we've always been SOOOO googly and loving with eachother.
I get annoyes with him because I feel like he can participate more with helping me...and he shuts down if I try to tell him this.

Is this somewhat normal for new first time parents while adjusting to parenthood? Has anyone else experienced this?
What can we do to help the situation?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep it will pass trust me
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 3:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Well kiss the we're so in love part of your relationship goodbye at least for the next 5-7 years. Now there is a new little thing in need of your love and attention. It's really hard to balance giving your time and attention to a baby or child that needs it and a husband that wants it. I am a year in and it's getting easier but still hard. Hang in there and you'll get through this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• p.s u guys can just watch a movie thats right a movie it will help u relax an thats wat u need bbys tucker parentsout gd luck hope it helps
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 3:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Stop. Stop telling him what to do to help you. Simply *ask* when you actually do need help. Stop being angry and feeling entitled to extra help because you are the mom and you are tired.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• anon 3 10 is right i did exactly wat s he said at first an when i actually started asking for help it got waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy easier
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 3:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• well i can't identify with the husband part b/c i'm a single mom. but the moods definately get out of whack when you just had a baby. there's that shift between it being all about you and your pregnancy to it being all about the baby.
    you're probably feeling doubtful about everything you do as a first time mom. I always second guessed myself too. it's unfair to expect your husband to behave a certain way, he's new at this too and it's all a big change for him as well, you know?
    so lighten up the mood by making funny comments about things, compliment him when he does something right, and try to avoid saying things you'll regret later.
    hope this helps.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 3:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Your hormone are a factor for sure, but you are both exhausted for sure. Having children does change things, but you can adjust. Congratulations!!
    nurseratchet67

Answer by nurseratchet67 at 3:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I was in a relationship when I had my daughter 5 months ago. I'm not now. Things get very difficult after you have a baby. You are more tired, he is more tired, and your hormones are still funky. He's also probably confused about being a new parent. It is a confusing, scary, exhausting time. Try opening the discussion by talking about your fears with the baby. Maybe he'll admit what's bothering him. Communication s very very important in this early stage of parenthood. I was so worried with getting helo from my boyfriend that i lost him because I didn't ask what he was feeling. it was me me me, baby baby baby. No time or thought for him, and that was wrong. Good Luck mama.
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 9:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2009