If you are divorced from your childs father would you.....

If you are divorced from your babies daddy and he's moved on, would you still rely on him for support when things go haywire in your life because you guys share a history together. If so why? if not, why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• The only support I'd be getting from him is child support. I wouldn't want emotional support, physical support, or any of that from him because he's obviously an EX because he couldn't provide those things in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i think it all depends on what kind of relationship you had to begin with. Some times you can and sometimes you can't. with my daughter's father (who i am lucky is my soon to be husband) i know that I could go to him if we ever split and i probably would.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• When we initially separated, ten years ago, I did rely on him to help me for (personal) support. I'd grown accustomed to his help. In fact, I was guilty of taking him for granted. Later, as I learned how to better budget my limited funds, I would no longer ask him, outside of child support. Of course, if the kids need something above and beyond, I can still go to him. If he's got it, then I get it. Otherwise, I've learned how to stand on my own two feet. It is no longer his responsibility to take care of me personally. Acceptance is the key.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I feel an EX is an EX for a reason. So why would I go to him for support when that was most likely one of the problems we were having in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• umm im sure if something does happen between us ill always be there for him and he will be there for me .. if we ended on good terms ❤
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Nope.. my problems are no longer his, unless it envolves our child.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• If it is about our child yes. if it is about me and my needs you can get caught up in old feelings so no I would not count on him helping me or want his help there is family and friends that can help out..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2009