Should a married mom go to a bar or club alone? Why or why not?

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about this subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, it smacks of desperation. I'd suggest going with others in a group if you feel the need to go to such places.
    Anonymous

• i believe as long as you have someone trust worthy enough to babysit your kids and you are there with a group of friends or your spouse and just looking to unwind, I see nothing wrong with it.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 4:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I have gone with friends but not by myself with no one else that i know. I dont see why it would be wrong to have a night out with the girls, every mom needs a break now and then.A bar is really no different than any other place as long as you know how to control yourself and dont drink so much you have no clue what your doing.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• As far as the reason not to being that your married...just because your married doesn't mean you can't have a life and have fun.

I wouldn't go alone because of the safety issue.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I have been to a club/bar alone. I have arrived alone & had people meet me there, and I've also been stood up by friends before, so I was really alone. LOL. Those times I sat with acquaintances, and got security to walk me to my car when I left. I only went for karaoke contests because I won frequently. Nothing like getting $200 for singing a few songs when you love to sing like I do! DH watched the kids unless we had a sitter. But we usually didn't since contests are on Sundays and Tuesdays. I never went on the weekend nights, though. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you're with people. It could be dangerous to go completely alone. Not to mention boring.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 4:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Alone as without your husband? Or alone as without ANYONE? My friends and I have the occasional girls night out - for us, that's more likely to be dinner and/or a movie, but we've been known to go to bars. . . . . .
    Without ANYONE? I wouldn't do it even if I were single - it's a safety issue, for me.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I used to go alone, or with friends (both male and female) quite often and with my husband's blessings. As long as your marriage is based on trust and honesty, no one should be feeling insecure.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No, because he is always going to Lust.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Why not? You're a grown-up, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Why would you want to go alone? How pathetic and boring. If your alone, the assumption would be that your there to pick up someone. If you go with a group of friends then youre just hanging out with friends. Makes the scenario much different.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2009