Are there people out there with messy homes?

Be honest who has a messy home and only cleans it when guests are coming over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As a domestic violence survivor, I've had to accumulate material possessions all over again. My house is messy from not having the proper storage units, i.e., file cabinet, dresser drawers, etc., and I'm on a fixed budget. It's not so messy that CPS could be called, but I do have to tidy up when guests come over.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• That would be us!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• ME!! My house is a disaster! ok so its not always that bad. But I do have quite the laundry pile going. I would rather spend all the time that I can with my kids then clean. lol. i do it when they are sleeping most of the time.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 6:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• my house is messy not dirty. it's very clean dusting, dishes, germ-free wise. It's just soooo cluttered.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 6:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Aside from the daily clutter of living, and the messes my children make (toys, when eating/preparing snacks, and not picking up after themselves), my house is otherwise clean and organized--and would only take 5-10 minutes to tidy up if company were coming. This is because our house rule that ALL toys belong in the basement/play room--not on the main floor and not in their bedrooms (which are only for sleeping, homework, and quiet time/time outs). The kids have a large basement play room with floor to ceiling shelves, storage bins, cabinets, an arts and crafts area, a TV with satellite and tons of DVDs--there is no need to come upstairs! LOL

I am also a HUGE fan of storage bins and wicker baskets, AND when the annual community yard sale rolls around, I am sure to actively participate! LOL

I also clean up each night, after the kids go to sleep--only takes about 30-45 minutes. I can't stand waking up to chaos!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Us too. It's clean, but messy!!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 7:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Well, define messy....LOL. We have kept it between the ditches. Everyday we pick up laundry, fold laundry, do dishes, clean the counters, pick up the living room and generally just get it straightened, but its messy by the end of the day of course. The deep cleaning like floors and stuff, we do once a week or two. Not nearly enough though. We are very busy during the week. Again, we keep it between the ditches.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Thanks for this post, thought I was the only one!!! DD's 7 mo & cries whenever I put her down so housework only gets done while she naps & there's always more chores than time. We also got a puppy not that long ago so housebreaking is adding some required chores. Our dishwasher's busted & I swear hubby wears 4 diff pairs of sweatpants a day so there's always laundry to do. I was a clean freak before baby but have had to learn to let it go somedays. Has been a big adjustment, can't wait till dd's old enough to play alone for a bit so more can get done on a daily basis & not in a huge rush on sun when dh's home & can watch her.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My bedroom is a disaster. Good thing I'm single, with no prospects, lol....any messes in our house get thrown into my room. Literally....THROWN, lol....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't clean on a weekly basis but if something is dirty I clean it. My house is mainly messy because we are sometimes too lazy to put things away. When I find out someone is coming over, it will usually take me a couple of hours to clean thoroughly. I don't allow anyone into my basement though. My son sleeps down there and that is disgusting!!
    sabrat50

Answer by sabrat50 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2009