Do you use street drugs? If not, have your ever?

I've been to detox and while I got clean, the decision was really my own. I was clean for a long time but seems I haven't learned how to effectively deal with stress. Now, I'm secretly using drugs again and don't know how to stop. 12 step groups are no longer effective for me. Church doesn't do it for me. I'm presently attending couseling groups for professional help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes. there was a short period of my life when i struggled with methamphetamine abuse. what made me stop? people who used to supply me ended up caring for me and cut me off. i wasn't very street-savvy and only knew a few dealers, but was too ashamed to buy it myself. so i went on a "break" for a while. during that break, i met my husband, and he deeply frowned upon drug use, so i decided to make that break permanent to make our relationship work. i needed something to motivate me, something that i knew i would lose to keep me from going back.

you won't be able to quit until YOU really whole-heartedly decide you WANT to. wanting to quit & needing to quit are completely different when it comes to addiction.  the want factor is always stronger.  it's not impossible. find your motivation. whether it be your future, children, whatever is most important, and know you'll lose it if you don't quit. find the willpower! you can.

Anonymous

• To answer to the question... No I have never done drugs. I hope u get some help.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• yes i've done street drugs, perscription drugs, over the counter drugs- I've used in any and every way possible. I don't know what i can tell you- To get clean you have to really want it for yourself, that's the first step. if your doing it for anyone else it won't last. . . for some people to really want to get clean they have to hit rock bottom- and unfortunately for some people rock bottom is death.

i'm sure you've heard this time and time again, but it's true. If you worked as hard on your recovery from your addictions as you work to indulge in them, you'd have no problem being clean.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 6:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• It sounds like you wern't ready.Hopefully you don't have to die then it's deffinitally to late.I just don't believe in candy coating.When you ARE ready you will stop at nothing to get clean & sober and stay that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I have used drugs.. when I was much younger. I experimented.. I grew out of it, and i looked around me and realized that every single person I was hanging out with was going NO WHERE. I def. did not want that. I wanted to grow up, get married, have babie (that was the big one! even at 18 years old I always knew I wanted to be a mom.) I couldnt stand the though that something could happen or turn out wrong with my baby because of something i had done or was doing... I also wanted to go finish college and make something of my life, have nice things and such... When you are ready.. really ready,.. you will stop. Everyone has to grow up.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:22 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I do street drugs occassionally. Maybe once a month but thats only when my daughter isn't around so it wont effect her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Never have, never will.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Never touched it. I was offered coke once but I didn't accept it. I don't like not being in control of my own body.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes, I use marijuana. I see nothing wrong with it, and it's a shame that the government tells us it's a horrible drug. When in all reality it's not even a drug!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No and no.

I hope you are able to find the help you need in order to stop so you can keep your children and care for them properly.
    I wish you the best {{hugs}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2009