Do celebrate the Epiphany thats on January 6

If you do celebrate, how do you?

RyansMom001

Asked by RyansMom001 at 6:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i know that my chrisitian family celebrates it as three kings day, the day they say the kings presented jesus with gifts. I don't follow it and never really understood it. can you explain what the epiphany of January 6 is?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• oh .. for some reason i know they believe that you give gifts and have christimas decorations up until the 6th but not after. i don't know why
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• From Christmas until The sixth we have the Three Wise men travel through the house. It represents their Journey. We give a little something to each other, and make big deal out of taking down the decorations. Then ordinary time starts and we start to prepare for Lent.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• yes, we give a dollar to the kids and take down the Christmas tree.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• All good ideas. I'd love my kids to take down the Christmas tree for me. My Mom and Dads family used to get little gifts left in their shoes the night before, usually an orange or something. It is suppose to represent the Wise Men bringing gifts to Jesus. We never did that growing up we celebrated on Christmas Day.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2009