When does a baby first roll over?

My son is almost 5 months old and hasnt completely rolled over yet...should i be concerned?

kayjay7583

Asked by kayjay7583 at 6:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Each child is different, one of my sons was about 5 1/2 months when he first rolled over, the other was 3 1/2 months, and both were walking/running independently by 11-12 months. Just increase the tummy time, and put favorite toys on the floor just out of his reach to encourage rolling over to get them.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• One of my girls was 3 months when she rolled over and the other one was 6 months. They were both walking by 8,5- 9 months. Every child is different, nothing to worry about.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 7:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Nope. Kids develop differently. never be concerned if your child isnt doing something a friends child is doing. If your doctor says the baby is healthy, then you're fine. My daughter has reached a lot of milestones early, but a friend of mines child who is 7 days older has yet to reach moat of them. It happens. =) Just keep encouraging your son the way a rpevious poster said. Tummy time tummy time tummy time. My daughter likes when i put a toy at one end of the tummy mat, ao she can get it on her own. However, keep an eye on him ALL the time. you never know when he'll roll over and you dont want him falling off the couch or something. =)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 9:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Mine did at 3 months =\
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• every child works at their own pace.
    my daughter danced to the beat of her own drum for the first year. she was trying to roll over and pick her head up the first day she was born, but didn't walk until she was 13 months, and she never crawled (until it was time to walk! LOL).
    increase "Tummy Time" and you shouldn't have any problems.
    If you have concerns, talk to the Pediatrician :)
    Much Love <3
    sherrybaby84

Answer by sherrybaby84 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Every baby is different, my son was 1 1/2 months when he first rolled over.
    so1986

Answer by so1986 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2009