Do you send birthday party thank you notes?

Just wondering how many do this for their children's parties?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't. I thank them in person when they drop off their kids.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 9:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• yes, if there was a gift, I send a thank you note, also for Christmas gifts.
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes. I am trying to teach my DD the proper thing to do. I thank in person and then again with a thank you note.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• yes, for every gift. its good etiquette to acknowledge someone's 'gifted' good intentions. birthdays, xmas, whatever..i am a hairstylist, and every now and then, i receive a gift for 'whatever'..i always write a 'thank you' note in return.
    on the same topic, it pisses me off to NOT receive a ty note, especially when the gift may have been shipped or mailed to the recipient. not even a phone call?!?!? if my gift or thoughtfulness is not appreciated, and that's how it looks, then my 'thoughtfulness' doesn't happen often to the same person in the future!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I did them for my daughter's first and 2nd bdays and my son's first bday. I didn't do it for my daughter's 3rd birthday...I just never got around to it. There's always next year!
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I always write them but then they never end up addressed or mailed. I try to make a point of thanking each person individually a week or so later and tell them exactly how my child loves or uses there gift and how happy I was to see them there. I would NEVER not at least call.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• no
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I do, if the gifts were for me. My husband does, if the gifts were for him. My daughter does if the gifts were for her.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2009