anyone else only wash their hair once or twice a week?

when i tell people that they look at me like i'm crazy. my hair is really thick and curly, and i've had it dyed purple for 9 months, and i only wash it once or twice a week so the color doesn't fade as quickly. and i usually just straighten it so i don't have to really deal with it being frizzy and having to put all kinds of product in it.

julianasprotege

Asked by julianasprotege at 9:44 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I only wash my hair twice a week and the reason is because I have really thick hair when I blow dry it it gets frizzy and if I wear it down and let it dry it gets frizzy so I basicly have to wear it in a pony tail until it drys and it takes all day to dry because it is so thick so unless it starts getting dirty or looking like it I don't wash it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No, I wash my hair every other day. If I leave my hair unwashed for more than 2 days it looks like a mess. Really oily.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 9:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I shampoo every day some times twice a day. Since you have thick curly hair it's fine to wash once or twice aweek. I have fine hair and it looks oily is the reason that i shampoo every day. Just let them look at you like your crazy... They don't have to deal with thick curly hair like you do. I say it's normal.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I shampoo **maybe** once a week. I'm one of the ones with that thick curly hair; wash it too often and it goes frizzy and dry.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I wash every day. I have very thick hair full of body, and if I don't wash everyday then it looks like I haven't washed it and looks really gross.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I wash mine daily.My hair is curly and fine,so the oil just sits on top my head and it looks nasty.I can't go without washing it,my head starts to stink!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Mine's not curly; but it's very thick and to my waist; so yes I wash it Sunday and Wednesday nights. If I did any sooner the ends would be so dried out it would look like straw.

I've considered going 'poo-free' but haven't had the guts to try it yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I have thick curly hair. How many times I wash it depends on how I style it. If I wear it straight then I wash it 2 times a week. If I wear it curly then I have no choice but to wash it every day because of the product in it - my hair does not continue looking fantastic through the night.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I wash mine at least every other day. I've found that it's a lot healthier if I go every other day instead of every single day. If I only washed it once a week...ewwwww. It'd be all greasy and gross.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• OH I didn't see that you have purple hair. Yeah, it's normal for people who've spent time and money dying their hair unnatural colors to not wash their hair that often. I had a friend in high school who nearly never washed his hair because he was afraid the green would wash out of it. Although he had fine hair like me. It looked and smelled like shit. It was gross. But since you have thick hair you can get away with it ;D If you got it, flaunt it!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2009