I'm SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!

So, my daughters went to a birthday party yesterday. The house was not decorated for xmas so one of my girls asked the bday boy how come they haven't decorated their house yet. The boy told my dd they don't believe in Christ and Santa. My dd said Santa brings her presents every year and the MOTHER of the bday boy said "no sweety, that's not Santa. You PARENTS are the ones that bring you presents."

Then she explained my 6-yr-old daughter why she should NOT believe in Santa. She said that Santa can't travel around the whole world in one night, that he can't fit down the chimney and that it's just a story parents tell their kids so that they're "good" all year.

She is a young mother, she's 22, but still. I think that was VERY mean and irrisponsible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• maybe it was a little out of line but it was the truth.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• it may have been the truth but personally she didn't ask so I wouldn't have said anything I would just have kept my mouth shut. Even if she would have asked I would have told her to ask her mom
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

Yes, it was the truth, but every parent has the right to let their child believe in Santa. It is none of anyone else's business to tell a kid Santa is not real. I don't want my children to believe in Santa but I respect the fact that some parents do and I'd never do that. I've also tought my children to play along when kids talk about him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't think parents should tell their kids there is a real Santa. I always wanted my kids to know the presents came from me. I never told other people's kids there wasn't a Santa.

If you lie to your kids about Santa you always run the risk of them finding out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• They are bound to find out at some point, but from a MOTHER?? That's SO immature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I respect that people are trying to keep the old st. nick thing going, but it does destroys a childs world of beliefs to bits when they find out that santa isn't real. I hate to say this but anyone at any time could tell anyone's kid that santa isn't real so why keep the lie going(only because its better to hear it from you than a stranger!). I'm sorry she got hurt by an inconsiderate person but big mouth was only sharing her beliefs.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• She was sharing her beliefs with a 6-yr-old!?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I would call her and give her a piece of my mind!! Your child is SIX for gods sake!! thats part of the fun of christmas.. I would tell my kid Santa just doesnt visit their house because their moms a bitch.. LOL jk i wouldnt really say that.. but i would tell my child that santa only visits people who believe in him.... How rude of her
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• tell you child that Santa does not visit the ones who do not believe in him! I would call her but thats just me.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• When I was six, a dental hygenist told me about the tooth fairy. My mom wasn't going to tell me. I'd rather a mother talk to my kid about Santa instead of sex or their personal life. Chances are, some kid at school has already said that Santa doesn't exist. This is why my son will not know the tradition of Santa.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 13, 2009