how come its ok for for some people to have their opinions and not others?

I'm sorry I get sick and tired of everyone complaining about how your kid ruined santa for my kid. The kids who do belive in santa don't have to keep it to themselves, so why do my kids who don't belive in santa have to keep it to themselves?

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• They don't, but PARENTS do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• To be nice.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• everyone needs to just suck it up and realize that the world is not perfect. so who cares if parents or kids ruin it. you should tell your kids the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Parents def. should. its rude to ruine someones christmas... Them talking about santa isnt spoiling fun for your kids, but you or your kids saying its all a lie is spoiling theirs.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• so christmas is all about santa? and christmas would be forever ruined if santa's truth is revealed. so once your kids stop beliving in santa we can no longer enjoy christmas and its ruined?
    momof4kidos

Answer by momof4kidos at 10:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• when you are a child? YES.. thats what makes christmas fun. its exciting
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't understand why a child who doesn't believe needs to say anything at all unless they are TRYING to bring another child down. They probably hear another child talking excitedly about what Santa may bring them and then a hurtful child is going to chime in with their "Santa is not real." You as a parent KNOW that other children believe and SHOULD when you teach your child whatever you teach them you - that not all children believe the same and it can be hurtful to tell them what they believe is wrong. It goes both ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• When I tell my son in the next couple of year s that Santa is not 'real' WE will also have the discussions about peoples feeling and how some kids parents won't tell there kids at all and it's NOT his job to do so. I wanted to tell him this year He's 5 but he is so immature I think I will wait at least one more but probably 2. I plan to teach him about Saint Nicholas and how it's his spirit of giving we carry on... I agree most children only say those things to be hurtful so I could understand the anger at that child. No Christmas is not all about Santa but it is part of the fun for a lot of families and it is not mine or my child's job to decide how they should celebrate or when their child should know the whole truth.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• this is stupid kids arn't trying to bring anybody down. my kid is five he just knows the truth and states it. so if my child says the world is flat and your child states no its round he is trying to bring my child down. we don't tell our kids there is no santa to be mean and spitefull to others who choose to let their kids belive. our kids just belive otherwise. get over it people. the world has much bigger problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• ....that comparison is just ridiculous. A child does not get excited about the fking earths shape. I didn't say you were being spiteful by telling your child whatever it is you want to tell them, its it your DUTY to tell them that not everyone believes the same and it can be HURTFUL. Don't take other children's "innocence".
    Anonymous