a two year old questions

i have a two year old who has always been high sprited always playing and high energy latly he has been more sattled in hell sit and watch a hole move as long as its cars but he can sit there for an hour just sitting has anyone elas have the same thing going on i just cant explaine it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I couldn't understand some of your words. It sounds like you are saying he used to be full of energy but now he can sit for as long as an hour just staring at something.

You need to take your child to the doctor and talk to the doctor about this. Your son may need to have some testing done. It is not normal to have big changes like that.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My son is also very high energy but will sit and focus on things that attract his attention. Admittedly, he'd still never sit for a whole movie but will watch an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine (or, more frequently, watch it while playing with toys). It could very well be that he's starting to develop specific interests which is typical at this age. Tothing wrong with that within limits. Personally, I'm careful about how much TV my son watches and I limit it to PBS (they have lots of cute shows). I don't want it to become too much of a habit as being outside playing is far better (yes, even when it's cold). Since your son enjoyes cars, you can use it to get him into other activities like coloring, painting, playing cars with you, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2009