is there a correlation between those the breastfeed and stay at home moms?

i am curious. just wanted to know sahm who breast feed compared to those that work and breast feed and sahm who formula feed and working moms that formula feeds. thanks.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 10:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I BFed and I'm a SAHM and I'll definitely say it makes it easier.  I worked part time for a little while and pumping at work was arkward for me.  Some people think its gross so you have to be descreet. 

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I BF at the beginning but soon switched to formula...I'm a SAHM.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I breastfed and went to school and worked.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• With My first I worked full time and was unable to keep my milk supply up for mire than 4 months. I could only afford a hand pump and that doesn't cut it for 40 hours a week. With my second I EBF for 5 moths and started to supplement at 5 months she was weaned at 9 months to formula. I still worked but only 27 a week and I had a MUCH better pump.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You do know you're stirring up drama, don't you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• there is no need for Drama. Drama is so over rated and I mean are we not all adults? Can we not have a discussion without someone going over the top? I see nothing wrong with this question. It is plain simple and straight forward. it doesn't point fingers or blame or bash. It will stay civil until someone has to go over the top and twist the OP's question into something else entirely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom who breastfed both of my kids. One of my sisters worked part time and formula fed, and the other worked full time and exclusively pumped breastmilk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I breastfed for 19 months and was a SAHM.
    Jmum

Answer by Jmum at 12:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• When I had ds I worked full time and formula fed due to medical issues. Now with dd I bf and am a sahm.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I BF for about 12 weeks, and went all formula when I returned to work. It was just too time consuming to BF and pump after that. It was also completely UNENJOYABLE.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009