Do you like your MIL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sort of. There is alot that she does that makes it very hard to like her. Even not just me. You have to be a pretty shallow self absorbed person to like her.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes I do. She's great, she's our babysitter, she and fil have really helped us out over the years when we've needed it. Sure she has some negatives, but what person doesn't?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I never got to meet or get to know her...she died 9 years ago. Fil's current girlfriend though I do not like and I don't try to pretend that I do.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My MIL is very overwhelming. She calls at least 5 times everyday. She is always trying to tell me how to raise my son. She is always trying to start petty fights with SO. I bite my tongue so much around her to try to avoid conflict, but I wont lie we have had several spats in the 3 1/2 years that so and I have been together. I wish a lot of times that she would just keep her opinions to herself, but she doesn't know how to do so. I guess in her own mind she means well. But she doesn't always come across nice. Seems like everyone who comes in contact with her ends up not liking her. I really don't know what to do about it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I love my MIL!

I had my son before I met Adam.. She treats him like her grandson! She treats me great too.. I actually work with her for about 2 hours everyday.. Adam had bought this house before he met me, but we live about 200 yards from their house. She is super respectful of our privacy.. Anytime we need anything, both my MIL and FIL are right there to help us.
    TannersMomma

Answer by TannersMomma at 12:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I love her!!! Her son and I are divorced but she's still one of my dearest friends!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 12:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Heck nooooo!!! She's NEVER seeing my kids!!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• We are getting along well now, but we had a really rocky beginning that is hard to forget. She actually tries a lot harder to not step on our toes regarding child rearing than my own mother.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I do not like her. I have to really work at being kind to her because she is soooooo friggin overbearing, obnoxious, manipulative, deceptive, controlling, nosey, gossip spreading via mask of "prayer requests"......
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do, for the most part. However, she does do some things that really, really annoy me. For example, I don't like anyone telling me that what I'm doing with my child is wrong, especailly when I know the current research and what his doctor recommends for him. Suggesting something once is fine, but to keep on it, when I KNOW it's not best for him, pisses me off, and also insults me. She has done that. There are other little things too, but I won't go into them. Overall, she's really cool though, and has always been very nice to me.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2009