Have you ever found a bug in your food?

I found a dead bug in a piece of romaine lettuce the other day. I gagged and almost puked the already-eaten part back up. Yuck.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ugh Ya I have. When I was little. My mom gave me a nutri grain bar for a snack and I bit in to it and looked it was full of little white worms. I spit it out and started crying. I was only like 6 LOL. Since then I have NEVER eaten nutri grain again LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Oh the even worse thing was they were MOVING still .. UGH
    Mrs.Owen86

• My Aunt found a dead mouse in the bottom of ther ice cream carton AFTER she ate most of it!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I used to work in a food place, and all our things came pre-packaged, like the lettuce. This UPS guy ordered a salad like he normally does, and found a bug in it! I was so grossed out! We had to call corporate and they determined it was a "lettuce bug", something that had been overlooked in the packaging of the lettuce at the distributor. Luckily he was understanding that things happen, and we made him another meal for free.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Years ago, in lettuce,but I was just getting it out of the bag and washing it. I might have barfed if I had been eating the salad later.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I found bugs several times in school food - not mine, thank god, but a friends - thats why I never ate that crap. We would find mold under the hot dogs in the buns as well. There was a roach under the cheese of the pizza. Yeeeeah. I too found a lil gnat in my salad :( I didn't eat salad for a loooong time after that.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I had a fly in my iced tea once and found a tiny catterpiller crawling all over my salad. They were both at the same restaurant on different occasions, but I never ate there again. Every time I order clam chowder at Red Robin I pull out a huge label. I thought it was a fluke thing, but it has happened several times.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Whats worse to me is finding a hair in my food.. that grosses me out.. When i was in high school i was eating at mcdonalds and took a bit and could feel the hair catching on my tongue!! i started gagging so loud and couldnt stop!! i spit the food out and kept on gagging..(UGG feel like i could gag just reliving it now!)
    Once there was a fly in my yogart too. LOL.. It was still buzzing around.. GROSS
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I opened a can of greenbeans and found a fully intact grasshopper on top of the beans! Thet sent us a case of vegetables because of that incident! Thank goodness I saw it before I cooked them!!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes, when I was in my second pregnancy and my husband bought me a sandwich from McD's (Big Mac, I think) I was eating it and when I happened to look at the sandwich before taking the next bite I saw a dead cockroach lying next to the lettuce of my next bite area.
    I gagged, threw it out, and puked my guts out all that night.
    My husband brought the sandwich back to them after fishing it out of the trash and they told him that he planted it there. He threw it on the counter and walked out.
    What do you expect from a McD's in Norfolk, VA? It's the most roach-infested city in southern VA, alongside Portsmouth, VA.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2009