Do you have friends?

I am 27 years old. I have no friends other than my husband. We have a 3 year old daughter. I feel so lonely and lame. I am in college part time, and work full time. I have aquantience at work, but no friends I hang with or can call....What do I do? Is anyone else like this? Is this just a part of motherhood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I only have my husband and I like it that way. Friends are nothing but drama and problems and I'd rather be left alone than deal with all of that.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I have a feeling that top anon is the one who has been cranky over posts too,
    Anyways , It happens. You end up not having time to go out and people just seem to move on with out you. Here in Vegas I have 1 friend who is really my husbands friend but he is sweet, but I have 2 best friends who use to live near us. One is a guy who is now stationed in brandon MS and the other is a girl who just moved with her husband to cherrypoint NC because he is a marine and got moved.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• What a mean thing for the first person to say. You are so busy doing the things you have to do - mother, wife, work, school, house - that there isn't time to get involved with the kind of activities that build friendships. You are not lame.

I can't imagine that first person really being a friend to anyone. No empathy.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• This is part of growing up and it does suck. We move a lot, none of my friends never ever lived near me.
    At that time I did keep in touch with child hood friend. Maybe it is a good time to call a old friend.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• first anon is retarded first of all, and as a mom i feel lonely too, i lost touched with my friends. not that i didnt have any. just not currently. i'd like to though. or their on the other side of the world. u just get caught up in ur daily life. when i get friends, i still dont have time to go out with them or do friend stuff. i want a friend for that once a 2 weeks that i'm free...u feel me?
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't have any friends where I am. Just my husband. We live in his hometown so he knows quite a bit of people. A few times a year I meet up with my friends from college that I still stay in contact with but they live a few hours away and with having a famly it's hard to get together more than that.

I started Curves a month ago and it's been nice to just have adult conversations with other people. =) I'm a WAHM so I really don't get out too often!

Anonymous

• baically I have friends on Facebook- from my teens/early 20's that I have found on there- and THANK goodness I did. They have saved me from losing my mind completely because I am in Utah and this is our 3rd winter and I have no friends here. I worked here at WalMart thinking that there are so many employees there that I would be able to make at least 1 or 2 friends like I did in NM at that WM...but most everyone was mormon and well...let's just say we never got much past talking about the weather!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• GRR I hate typos! ...that was baSically
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I feel the exact same way. I had just moved to a new state and was very young when I got pregnant with our first so the few friends I did make, I lost quickly. Then the first real friend I made since then turned out being PSYCHO. Do you have old friends you can call up and rekindle your friendship? Just talking on the phone with them every now could really help you feel less lonely. Also, maybe try to get a little closer to work acquaintances and see if they develop into friendships. Maybe ask a few out for drinks or something one night. Or you could join a play group or Mommy and Me sort of class to meet other moms.
    Anonymous

• No & I'm very lonely too. I wish I did I know a ton of ppl from work and livning here but not one asks me to hang out I think that's sad
    Anonymous