UGH! I seriously need help!

I am so frustrated right now I cant see straight. Well first let me say that I am pregnant and I am trying my best to quit smoking. My son is 2.5 years old, he will be 3 2 weeks after the baby gets here. Well I am trying to get him potty trained and it is NOT working out well. He has not even attempted to go! I do not want two kids in diapers. He has no interest what so ever. When I tell him " let's go tee tee" he whines and doesn't want to, in turn I get more frustrated and want to pull my hair out. I have not had a cigarette in a few days, hints my edgy-ness. I need one but I don't. Anyways I need help! How can I get him on the right track? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You cant force him to do it. He wil when he is ready. My son was ready at 3 1/2 and with in 2 weeks he was potty trained. You cant force this
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Many boys aren't ready until they are over 3. Hate to say it but should have waited longer to get pregnant if you didn't wan't 2 in diapers.

Congrats on quitting smoking. Don't try, just do it!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Don;t force it, mine was 3, boys are harder! When new baby comes, he might want to do it then to be different, I tried at 2 and a half, and was ready to murder, waited 6 months, and 3 days later it was over! Congrats on the no smoking, can you wear a nicotine patch? I quit cold turkey when I was PG< and felt very sorry for those who had to live with me for a couple of weeks, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• try not to stress. quitting smoking is one of the hardest things you will ever do, and one of the most important for yourself and your family. take it easy on everything else. your child will be out of diapers soon enough, when he is ready. don't take your frustrations about smoking out on him! just wait for the cravings to pass as calmly as you can, and wait until you are better able to handle the frustrations of potty training to deal with that can of worms. good luck mama!
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I was determined to have my son potty trained before my daughter was born as well...didn't happen. He'll be 3 in a couple of weeks and will pee on the potty but still refuses to poop.

The only advice I can give(that I wish I had done) is don't use pull ups. My son now thinks that he can get away with a pee or two in his underwear because he got used to pull ups. Only use them at nap and bed times.

Get him some big boy underwear and make a huge deal out of how awesome it is. Get rid of the diapers and start putting him in big boy underwear. He'll feel it every time he pees or poops and will not enjoy it. He'll learn quick enough that to avoid that discomfort he can just use the potty.

Also stickers are helping with my son. We put a big piece of paper on the wall in the bathroom so every time he goes he gets a sticker.
    I also have a little book and pencil case full of stickers in the diaper bag for when we're out.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• It's not really bad to have two in diapers, i don't see what the big deal is, I did it, many moms do it. But like the others have said, don't try to force him cuz it won't work. he needs to be ready. Most boys arent' til after age 3.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2009