5 years and 4 months. Boy. Normal?

1)Only has one volume. LOUD. Hear has been checked and is finr
2)Can't seem to pee int he toilet. It's on the floor, wall, back lid and it's not just a little bit. It's like 1/2 or more of it.
3)Gets angry over stupid questions like' are you done with that plate?' 'yes!' 'Okay well I'll take it for you' 'NO! I'M NOT DONE!' 'Okay I'll leave it here when you are done put it in the sink' 'I DON' T WANT IT' ...
4)Has trouble at school. Teaches calls the melt down over what is most time an unknown reason.
4)Teacher call it Shut down mode when he is angry or anxious
5)Physical competition makes him very anxious. PE is very hard for him.
6)has tantrums at home that involve hitting himself in the ears and screaming for 15-30 min in his room while kicking and throwing toys at the door.
7)Teacher says his fine motor skills are behind and he may need to repeat K.
HE IS SEEING A PSYCHOLOGIST NEXT WEEK I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I AM

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It sounds like school is not a good place for him. Since they are already suggesting he repeat, you could go ahead and take him out.

Have him sit down to pee. Get things to put in toilet for him to aim at. Have him clean up missed pee. Problem solve.

You are going to have a difficult road ahead of you. You need to learn all the good parenting skills you can from books. classes, college courses, conferences, support groups, ect. I have a son that has an IQ of 80 and bipolar disorder. We made it, he is an adult and we had no problems with the police, hospitalizations, or pregnant girls! That's great with bipolar disorder.

Mothering.com has discussion boards that include parenting. At the top of each one they have resources and list good books for different age kids. Your son is kind of in the middle of the ages I know the most about.

It sounds like your son needs to see a developmental specialist MD.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• NOT MAKING TO MUCH OUT OF THIS> THERE ARE A FEW OTHER THINGS I DIDN't MENTION
    Anonymous

• I would defiantly take him to the psychologist and see if they can help. Maybe there is something bothering him that he wont tell you but may tell to someone who he thinks is trying to help him.
    Anonymous

• I am curious what the doctor will say, I have a nephew with some of the things you mentioned and he was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, I think he might have been too young for Kindergarten,,,IDK keep us posted, and good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My son used to pee everywhere too. I used fruit loops to give him something to aim at. I would definatley take him to talk to someone, even to just find out what is going through his head when he exhibits those behaviors.
    rross2002

Answer by rross2002 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2009