Not trying to bash ...i just don't understand part 2

Clearly some of you did not really pay attention to my question or my responses. I stated over and over again that i don't care if Christians have a CHRISTMAS tree. Happy Holidays to everyone! we can all celebrate together!

And to the anon who said that Constantine was Pagan ...try this.
in 325 Constantine declared December 25th to be an Immovable Feast for the whole Roman Empire. Constantine built the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, one of the oldest continually operating churches in the world.
http://www.benbest.com/history/xmas.html

AND Constantine was best known for being the first Christian Roman emperor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_I

Do you know your history???

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, actually, I do. Read my latest journal post, http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1553612/A_Quick_History_Lesson. Constantine was originally Pagan. He was the Roman Emperor. He converted to Christianity after an important battle (but interestingly enough, refused baptism and communion until he was close to death), and declared the Roman Empire to be Christian. But that does not negate his youth. Many of the Church's Saints started out as nonChristians.

Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 12:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• For someone that is not trying to bash, you certainly do a lot of bashing. If you truly were not trying to bash you would omit lines like:

Do you know your history???

Or at least only use one ? instead of three!!!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• why is it when a Christian is asked if they know thier history it is considered bashing? I cannot understand WHY a person wouln't want to know wehre things started or how they came about!
    Anonymous

• wildboyz

Clearly you and i have a very different idea of what bashing really is. I've always considered bashing to be something like "I think all Pagans are arrogant and they need to pull that tree out of their ass".

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• No, but your posts are thinly disguised attacks on others. I have no problem with your thoughts and feelings, but you should leave the "not trying to bash" out of it. You are in fact trying to bash someone. You post over and over about what you consider to be the ignorance of Christians all under the guise of " I just don't understand".
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• wildboyz

i do not believe i ever ONCE used the word ignorance while discussing my question. But if that's the word that comes to your mind, then maybe that's saying something.

I am not trying to bash. again i say, i am NOT bashing anyone. But when I or Pagans get bashed for having a tree by someone who seems to think that trees are for Christians only (not just once. not just a couple times ...but ALL threw the season) ...yea. sometimes it kinda has the tendency to get me thinking about WHY so many Christians don't seem to think about why they have a tree in their home in the first place.

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• OP Constantine DID NOT convert until his death bed. Learn your history

Anonymous

• you are doing a lousy job of not bashing and you clearly are not up to date on your history. Constantine did not get baptised very late in his life. He was very well aware baptisim is the point of conversion. So yes he WAS the first Christian emperor but he WAS NOT Christian at the time of making Christmas the official holiday for CHRISTIANS
    Anonymous

• but interestingly enough, refused baptism and communion until he was close to death

baptisim is the point of conversion. My husband went to Mass with us for over a decade. He celebrated the Mass and the religion he converted at his baptisim.
    Anonymous

• sorry hit the buttons to soon.

Conversion is at baptisim, while his heart might have said Christian according to church documents he was not a Christian until his death bed.

as for this question you first question was a back hand way at bashing and you got offended when it was pointed out in this particular area this pagans are right on the front line of making this molehill into a mountain.
    Anonymous