Sick but not sick

My son (16 months) started throwing up... but has no fever. Anyone else ever had this and if so, give me some advice? Thank you!!!

KurgansMom

Asked by KurgansMom at 12:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Daughter Did The Same Thing Tuesday She Was Fine On Wensday Then On Thursday She Had Diarrhea. No Fever Either She Still Has Diarrhea So Im Taken Her 2 The Dr 2morrow.
    Anonymous

• My 15 mo grandson does this a lot. It may be nothing. He wanted water and mixed carrot juice the other night, a lot of it. We live in the desert and I though he was just real thirsty. Out it spewed. All over him, me, the dog, the desk, the computer, the floor, it was a mess of carrot juice.

He pukes in his car seat a lot when he is near my house and they aren't coming to grandma's. My son thinks he does it on purpose so he gets to go to grandma's to clean up him, the car seat, the car, and any thing else near by. Then he may get to stay at grandma's. He doesn't relize not all grandmas would like a boy that had just thrown up all over everything.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• There are stomach bugs going around right now... not every child gets a fever from it, and not everyone has the same symptoms. My daughter just recently got over one that had diarrhea only for a day or so, then she vomited a couple of times... but she never seemed sick really, other than that. No fever, not too tired, acted like herself... Probably a virus, in which case you just have to keep her hydrated and ride it out.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Update: I thought is was a stomach bug like the last mother said... but it was an ear infection, strep throat with scarlet fever! The doctor said that you don't have to get all the symptoms. Mine just had the vomiting! Thank goodness for that or we would have never known.
    KurgansMom

Answer by KurgansMom at 6:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009