Which hurts more?

People argue over which hurts more, labor or kidney stones? I have been through both. Actually, being pregnant causes my kidney stones. With my first it was on Christmas Eve. With my second, it was worse. I was in the hospital 6 times in 6 weeks. We actually induced 3 weeks early because I didn't want my son to keep getting the same IV meds as me (I had to get stuff stronger than morphine!)

So, who thinks what is worse? I say kidney stones. They last longer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I've never had kidney stones, but I've said many times that I'd rather give birth than have a migraine any day!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I think labor hurts worse. I still wince thinking about how much pain I was in while giving birth!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• they were both about equally bad LOL.
    xErinx

Answer by xErinx at 1:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i would agree, stones are worse. both of my labors were very quick, but i've had 3 overnight stays plus 2 treatments for the stones, nothing helped ease that pain!
    mrsduf

Answer by mrsduf at 5:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I think it all depends on a woman's threshold for pain in certain areas of their body and how large the calculi of the kidney is. I can only imagine the pain of passing the stone would feel more intensified because it lasts so long as it travels down the ureter before entering the bladder and then exiting through the urethra. On the other hand, having a large organ, such as the uterus, contract for many hours while jets of hormones are released into the woman's body in preparation for the birth is also painful.
    Again, it is all dependent upon what a woman can withstand.
    As Brock said to Reba when she jokingly told him that giving birth to 3 children was worse than him trying to pass a little kidney stone, "Try doing it through a straw, babe."
    LOL
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2009