We are fat, lazy, greedy, and destructive....What do you think?

When I look at the things going on in our current society, thats really all I see around me. Do you?

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 1:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sure as hell am not lazy or greedy, I don't know about you but I've worked since I was 16 & give to charity. I could lose a few lbs.
    Anonymous

• Sadly enough, this country is full of the adjectives you gave. This is why the country is in the shape that it is in now.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• That's not ALL I see, but our nation as a whole could definitely be viewed like this. We don't work nearly as hard as the people in some countries, and they have nothing compared to us. Our country is also very "fat". So many people are overweight that it's ridiculous. I know that some can't help it, but I also know that some can. Everything in this country has to be "bigger and better" and that includes our average portion size. I think that were spoiled, and also very selfish. On a more positive note, it's not everyone, and we still have a lot of positives, when you get deeper into the lives of individuals. This country also has achieved some very great things.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I wont deny that our country has achieved very great things. Unfortunately i don't think i can name any that has happened in my lifetime. And anon I didn't mean lazy as only job related but our lifestyles as a whole. Everything has to be done the easy way, or park in the closest spot possible. So I meant lazy a whole.
    It just makes me sad to see where our priorities lie, like all the fighting about healthcare which i believe could be a good thing if it werent full of things to please big companies as it sits now, no one seems to care what our public schools rate as compared to other developed countries, Our health is horrible and controlled by the food industry but no one wants to do anything about it. They would just rather eat burgers and wait for heart attacks because for some reason the pharmaceutical and insurance companies deserve all this money instead of it going to more important things like finding sustainable..
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 1:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• (continued) ways to improve our quality of life
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 1:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• We are fat, lazy, greedy, and destructive....What do you think?

Then why are tens of thousands of people risking everything, including their very lives to come here to live? And after all, if that's ALL you see, this is one country where you are always free to leave if you don't like it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Well it's obviously better than living in mexico ...for now. lol. I don't loath our country, but there is definate need for improvement in our daily lives as well as in government anyone who denies that is ignorant.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 1:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No that is not what I see. Around me I see healthy caring giving people.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• The people I know work hard to teach their kids and yes could we lose a couple pounds yes but we are all working on it. I make enough to live and enough to share. Is there room for improvement yes .

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Hmm no not all I see but I do see it. Our society in general will take the easy way out or is lazy. But there are sooo many individuals that won't or don't.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2009