Potty chair

I'm looking for recommendations for a potty chair. I have a son who is on the smaller side and I've heard that some with the splash guards are tough on their boy parts. Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Splash guards are a joke, but most of them are removable so that's usually not an issue. We have used a few different potty chairs over three kids and the best one so far has been the potty that LOOKS like a real potty with a back on it. It has all these crazy noise features but we took the batteries out because those were too distracting. But the kids like that it looks like an actual toilet and because it has a back on it, the lid isn't always falling onto my kids back when it gets pushed up against the wall. And it is easy to just sit down on - the ones that are contoured (like the baby bjorn) practically require your kid to get buck naked from the waist down and hop on like a horse. Here is the link to the style I like but any kind that looks like a toilet and has a back on it would also meet my approval - http://www.kidslandusa.com/category/safety-n-baby-care/potty-training/fun-to-learn-potty.php
    Elizabeth4980

Answer by Elizabeth4980 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I have to be honest, we never used a potty chair, just a step stool and one of those things that fit on the toilet lid, made a mistake the first time, because then we had to train potty chair to toilet, it was easier the second 3 days, and no mess for mom to clean up! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• The Circo (Target) one with no bells or whistles (about $10) worked fine for us. Very standard. I guess it does leave a little ring on our bottoms, though. We also used a ring on the toilet seat and let our daughter choose... at first she chose the potty chair, then soon after wanted nothing but the ring on the "big" potty. It doesn't hurt to have both options because some kids respond much better to one or the other.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009