Is your electric bill less than the average home near you?

I was just checking outour bills online so that come friday I can get them all paid. I checked the electric company and our bill is 46 dollars. According to the home average of houses and apartments in our area we are way lower. LOL
According to the website on average other homes are having 152 for a bill this month!
That is just crazy!
Makes me happy that we dotn have that big of a bill LOL.
What is your electric bill this month? Is it less than the average home around you ?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Our electric bill is usually around $20- $30. Our gas bill in the winter is usually $30 - $40 a month. Our bills are a lot cheaper than average in our area. But we follow the energy saver tips that the utility companies send out.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My electric bill averages $120 a month. But during the summer it averaged $300 a month. I just traded it for the gas bill during the winter..lol
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• aour electic company put out this questionair that give you a report on your usage that compares you to the national average. We pay 562 dollars less a year than the majority.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 2:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My current electric bill was $140 which is about $40-$50 more than our usual monthly bill. We do have a few space heaters running though so that's added a little to our bill. Our gas bill was only $40 though and we have a gas stove and a gas furnace....which we JUST turned on on 12/11 (even though we live in NE Ohio). I imagine that next month our gas bill will be around $90-$100 which will not be too bad for this time of year in this area.
    Anonymous