To anyone who hunts or whose husband hunts......

I'm thinking of getting my husband...ugh, as gross as it is...a blood tracking light for if he loses a deer. Do you think he'd like it????

I know he lost a deer last year and couldn't find it and he felt really bad about it so I was thinking this might be good? Do you know anyone that has one? Is it worth it??

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Shopping

• i hunt........ i think he would love it
    alot of times its really hard to find the deer

keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Seems like a great gift and not overly expensive! Great idea!
    Anonymous

• Mine does...he's hemming and hawing about it...mainly because if it's not a killing shot, the deer will clot up and stop bleeding and he'll lose it anyway (hubby's lost a few because they weren't shot enough). He's tracked deer for miles and never found them - because they stopped bleeding, pretty much. He says yes & no...if you're desperate for something different to get him and don't have any other ideas, then go for it, but if you know there's something else he'd like better, then skip the light. (I'd never heard of such a thing, to be honest, but at least now I know and I also know hubby wouldn't get much use if I got him one - but it's an idea for the future too, lol! GL!)
    Anonymous

• i think it's a great gift. that keeps a deer from being killed for nothing.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My husband has a tracking light and was not impressed. He said they may work for some people but apparently not for everybody. His suggestion for your hubby is to just use a really bright light. Something like somebody would use for coon hunting.
    Anonymous

• That sounds like a great idea, I did not know they made such a thing!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• maybe something so he can make sure he gets a kill shot???
    i think that is a better idea. my SO bowhunts. i think the light thing is just another piece of equipment he would have to pack around, added weight. not always needed.
    Anonymous

• My hubby is a big gun guy, he just bought a 17HMR so for xmas I got him a BiPod, which helps stabalize the gun.... something like that would be a great gift too... i only paid $60 for it, or maybe a new scope, my hubby got a tasco scope off ebay for $60 and its the bomb... also, for stocking stuffers you could get him some gun cleaning stuff, and ammo.... or a shoulder strap for the gun if he doesnt have one. This has been the first year I really knew what to get hubby..lol... so im full of ideas..
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009