Do you question your faith?

I have several times...many times in fact. It's not that I don't trust in God or Jesus, it's just that I don't trust the people who preach about it. It's hard for me to be a firm believer in something that is interpreted for someone's own personal agenda.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Then stay home and worship YOUR way. There is no law saying you HAVE to go to church and listen to someone preach.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Just about every Christian I know questioned God at some point in their life. Many Catholics I know and meet have left the church and came back after years of questioning.

as for me? yes of course I have questioned my faith. I even left the church for about 10 years with barely a mutter of the name Jesus.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 2:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I absolutely question my faith. But then I question everything. In my experience questioning has only lead to growth and deeper understanding in the long run.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I think the world would be better off if we didn't have people interpret everything for God.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't rely on faith, so I don't have to question it. I always question what is right & what is best for me. I don't think you are questioning your faith when you wonder if it is being interpreted right, you are questioning people, which is smart.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i don't queston my faith. i now what it is i believe. i certainly can argue about one priest bible interpretation against the other one, but my belief is to my extend firm and solid. i'd love to ponder from time to time about one thing or the other the bible says it is. there are things i believe and some i simply acknowledge, but there is certainly Higher Power Who lets us be ourselves.
    Anonymous

• i don't question my faith. I don't question God. I do however have many questions related to things he revealed. It's natural to question. worshipping has to be from a knowledge point of view otherwise you are just making it up as you go along. When i have question i usually can find the answer in the Quran, or the narrations of the Prophet or in the words of scholars who have studied it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• "I dont trust people who preach about it...."

That is SO easy to understand. There are things out there that must not feel right to you and I think we have all felt that way. If you feel like people are steering people in the wrong direction, then hooray for you! For all I know, you may be talking about me! lol Im cool with it. lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i question my faith all the time. It's how i learn. I question all things. But i never doubt it. And sometimes i change it. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I have total faith in God. I know man/woman can fail but God does not. God always answers prayers even when it's not the answer I want.
    deedon

Answer by deedon at 3:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2009